Diffused Dome Lights
These special illuminators provide intense, evenly diffused illumination. Ideal for highly reflective, specular objects. Current dome lights range in size from 3” to 40” (.0762 meters to 1.016 meters) OD. The Diffuse Dome Lights are available with a wide variety of LED colors such as white, red, green, blue, RGB, IR, and UV (365nm & 395nm). Sizes to 44” I.D. are available. Contact your Metaphase representative for custom sizes.
- High intensity and uniform, non-directional illumination across entire lighting hemisphere for area scan
- Patent-pending LED heat management for consistent performance
- Ideal for highly reflective surfaces and textured or topographic objects
- Provides cloudy day illumination, minimizing shadows and glare
- Enclosed workspace blocks interference of ambient light
- Optical grade reflector coating reflects 99.9% of light for optimum diffused output
- Strobe options
- Highly specular applications
- Metallic materials such as aluminum, brass, copper, steel & stainless steel
- Curved objects like gel tablets, bearings, cylinder shaped items
|Cable||10 foot / (3.05 m) cable with flying leads|
|Operating Conditions||- 30°C to 60°C|
|Cooling||Passive Thermal Conduction|
|Lifetime Expectancy||75,000 hours|
|Illuminance||Up to 100,000 Lux is standard. (Consult Metaphase for possible higher Lux versions)|
|Intensity Control||0-10V intensity control is included|
* Please contact your Metaphase representative for possible higher intensity versions.
Color LED Option
Fill in the set of brackets [ ] with corresponding wavelength code* from the table below:
|White (Cool White)||
|6000° Kelvin / Highest Intensity|
|625nm / 530nm / 470nm
(3 die packaging technology)
* Please contact your Metaphase representative for information regarding wavelengths that do not appear above.
Contact your Metaphase representative for custom sizes
Driver & Strobe Options
We Offer our lights with many different driver configurations to make the lights compatible with the latest LED controllers and vision cameras. This provides greater flexibility, control, and convenience when integrating Metaphase illumination systems.
Some drivers may not be compatible with all sizes due to current requirements etc.
Please contact a Metaphase Representative for details.
- 24V – Our most popular configuration for use with a standard 24V constant voltage power supply 
- ULC-2 – Compatible – For use with constant current controllers such as our ULC-2 universal controller [U]
- ILS – Configured for strobing applications with PowerBoost for increased intensity for rising and falling edge triggers [ILS]
- Keyence – Compatibility with Keyence light controllers such the Keyence CA-DC21E [KEY]
- Baumer – Compatibility with Baumer VeriSens cameras
- Cognex – Compatibility with Cognex cameras
- Versions also available for 3rd party controllers such as: Gardasoft, Triniti, Opteon, Visics, etc.
|Diffused Dome Light|